Psychopharmacology 101: An Introduction to Mental Health Medications
The number of psychiatric medications available today to those living with mental health conditions of all types is truly breath-taking. However, that number can also feel overwhelming to community providers. Where does one begin? This training is intended to provide a foundational framework within which to understand these important resources.
Course Objectives Include:
1) What is the role of medications in overall mental health treatment and care?
2) Basic classes of psychiatric medications.
3) Medications in and characteristics belonging to each class of medications.
4) Conceptual framework of the various mental health disorders.
5) Potential benefits of treatment with various psychiatric medication classes.
WATCH COURSE TRAILER HERE
Dr. Schnitzer a Fellow with the Massachusetts General Hospital Division of Public and Community Psychiatry.