top of page
Borderline Personality Disorder: What Providers Need To Know
Persons living with borderline personality disorder(BPD) are high utilizers of behavioral and medical services- and serving persons with BPD can leave providers with many questions. This presentation attempts to improve the ability of providers to recognize and respond to BPD.
Course Objectives Include:
1) Description of core symptoms of borderline personality disorder (BPD).
2) Presentation of the model of interpersonal hypersensitivity as it applies to BPD.
3) Understanding and responding to crises as they emerge in the care of persons with BPD.
4) Introduction of Dr. John Gunderson's six principles for managing BPD.
5) Importance of and strategies for effective case management
WATCH COURSE TRAILER HERE
Dr. Jenkins is the Medical Director of the 3East Cambridge Residence and also a Staff Psychiatrist at the Gunderson Residence at McLean Hospital.
Physical Event Schedule
bottom of page