Autism Across the Life Span: What Providers Need to Know
This presentation attempts to improve the ability of providers to understand and respond to persons living with Autism Spectrum Disorder
Course Objectives Include:
1) Defining Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
2) Key social communication challenges and restricted/repetitive behaviors that characterize ASD.
3) Sex/gender disparity in ASD prevalence rates and differences in the female presentation.
4) How the needs of persons living with ASD present across the life span.
5) Some core strategies for engaging persons with ASD.
6) Community resources available to support persons with ASD and their families.
Dr. Green is a Clinical Neuropsychologist with Massachusetts General Hospital’s Lurie Center for Autism in Lexington, MA.