The experiences and needs of Vietnam Era Veterans are distinct, and understanding them can support providers in serving them more effectively. This presentation attempts to enhance such understanding.
This course provides an understanding of the following:
- Military experiences of Vietnam era Veterans
- Attitudes among Americans towards the Vietnam War and those who participated in it
- Physical and social consequences of serving in the military during the Vietnam era
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) – its causes, its symptoms, and its treatments
- Current demographics of Vietnam Veterans and common social, psychological, and health problems
- Available resources and strategies for engaging Vietnam era Veterans
Presenter: Dr. Michael Lyons
Dr. Lyons is a Professor in the Department of Psychological & Brain Sciences at Boston University as well as the Director of Boston University’s Center for Clinical Biopsychology.