Persons living with borderline personality disorder (BPD) are high utilizers of behavioral and medical services- and serving persons with BPD can leave providers needing answers to many types of questions. This presentation attempts to improve the ability of providers to recognize and respond to BPD.
- Course Objectives Include:1) Description of core symptoms of borderline personality disorder (BPD).
- Presentation of the model of interpersonal hypersensitivity as it applies to BPD.
- Understanding and responding to crises as they emerge in the care of persons with BPD
- Introduction of Dr. John Gunderson's six principles for managing BPD
- Importance of and strategies for effective case management
Presenter: Dr. James Jenkins, MD
Dr. Jenkins is a staff psychiatrist at Emerson Hospital in Concord, Massachusetts