Addiction, Treatment, and Recovery
The purpose of this training is to offer information and resources to support the compassionate and skillful care of persons living with substance use disorders, especially as people struggled and continue to struggle with the physical and psychological effects of COVID.
Specific topics to be addressed include:
- Identify the core ACEs and how they impact overall physical and mental health
- Changes to the way in which people access treatment.
- Significantly expanded use of telehealth as a platform of care.
- Changes SAMHSA (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration) and the DEA (Drug Enforcement Administration) have made to methadone and buprenorphine treatment.
- Impact of the pandemic on opioid overdose prevention and education.
Presenter: Andrea Caputo, DNP, FNP-BC, CARN-AP
Andrea Caputo is a Nurse Practitioner and Clinical Educator for the Office Based Addiction Treatment (OBAT) Program at Boston Medical Center.