top of page
This is a pre-recorded class.
Borderline Personality Disorder: What Providers Need to Know
Course hours 1.5 CEU Credits 1.5
James Jenkins, MD
Dr. Jenkins is a staff psychiatrist at Emerson Hospital in Concord, Massachusetts
Persons living with borderline personality disorder (BPD) are high utilizers of behavioral and medical services- and serving persons with BPD can leave providers with many questions. This presentation attempts to improve the ability of providers to recognize and respond to BPD.
Watch the short overview video below.
Course Objectives Include:
1) Description of core symptoms of borderline personality disorder (BPD).
2) Presentation of the model of interpersonal hypersensitivity as it applies to BPD.
3) Understanding and responding to crises as they emerge in the care of persons with BPD.
4) Introduction of Dr. John Gunderson's six principles for managing BPD.
5) Importance of and strategies for effective case management
bottom of page